The New Jersey office of Norris McLaughlin, P.A., has an opening for a legal billing coordinator. The candidates should have 3-5 years’ of accounting experience. The position provides the opportunity to work both independently and as part of our team. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
- Prepare and process monthly attorney invoices via electronic billing programs
- Make billing adjustments and/or write-offs according to firm practices
- Apply retainer funds as directed by billing attorney
- Process NJ trust disbursements/deposits
- Generate accounts receivable and trust reports
- Billing experience required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with NM employees and clients
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Law firm experience helpful
The job description as described above is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Norris McLaughlin, we cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their backgrounds, experiences, views, and strengths. Our differences in culture, ethnicity, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, religion, disability, and beliefs enable us to be a better team.
The Firm does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of the liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or the nationality of any individual or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, discipline, termination, lay-off, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.