We are looking for a full time English Teacher to join PPHS's team of dedicated educators! Pima Partnership High School is a tuition-free Alternative charter school for grades 9-12, honored by the Education Equity Foundation as a top school for closing the achievement gap for at-risk students. Our dedicated teachers and support staff, small class sizes, and individualized, career-focused learning plans help our students develop the skills they need to achieve success in high school and beyond.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree. Must meet the highly qualified standards in English, and current SEI endorsement (Structured English Immersion)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Principal
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and schools, as measured by district/school survey results.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Demonstrates gains in student performance.
- Participates in training and presentations about online teaching.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating.
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational planning.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
PPP requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met, or are encountered, by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must, on a daily basis, lift and/or move up to 20 pounds several times a day. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.