- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in nonprofit development, sales or customer service.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of fundraising and ticketing and patron services.
- Knowledge of performing arts and/or the operatic art form preferred.
- Proven success in managing portfolios of 75 to 150 patrons and demonstrated achievement in providing superior service and producing excellent financial results from patrons.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and database navigation.
- Tessitura revenue management system experience highly preferred.
- Proven track record of identifying, cultivating and soliciting gifts from donors.
- Exemplary diplomacy, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to set priorities; coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, meet firm deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and convey complicated procedures clearly and succinctly.
- Establish working relationships and interact effectively with a wide range of people internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteer leadership and senior staff, involving them, as appropriate, in the cultivation and solicitation process for individual donors.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Capacity to attend evening and weekend Opera events in the Bay area.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner.
Full-time administrative employees participate in the following:
- Company medical, dental, vision, life, and LTD plans (employees become eligible for these benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of employment)
- Sick Time and Vacation Time
- Voluntary tax-free flexible spending accounts, including membership in an administrative 401(a) plan after one year of service and immediate participation in a voluntary 403(b) savings plan
- Fitness SF Membership
To be considered for this opportunity, please ensure that you submit a complete application package, including your updated resume and cover letter. Incomplete applications may not be reviewed. To apply, please visit our website at sfopera.com/about/employment and follow the application instructions provided.