At Capital, we have 70 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you’re empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
Our Salt Lake City Branch is currently looking to hire a Yard Assistant - Day Shift. This position, under direct supervision, performs a variety of general manual labor tasks including but not limited to, lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading of trucks, and other activities in a helping or assisting role.
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Duties may include, once properly trained and certified as required: yard clean up, product receiving, breakdown, product handling and operating yard equipment
• Pick up all foreign material in yard in order to maintain a safe work environment and clean appearance
• Collect recyclable materials and store as directed
• Sweep the yard safely using a mechanical sweeper if available
• Review supply inventory with Supervisor to maintain necessary level
• Notify Supervisor of any maintenance or safety issues observed
• Manually stack lumber products as instructed
• Assist with inventory and/or cycle counts as directed
• May operate a gas powered tug to move lumber products
• Package materials and keep packaging area clean and organized
• Assist in keeping all lanes and other areas clean and clear for traffic
• May assist in general yard housekeeping and chores as assigned
• May use saw to cut lengths from lumber as needed to fill an order if properly trained
• Keep an inventory of stickers, corners and wrap
• May occasionally bar code
• Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment.