We are looking for a full time Special Education Teacher (2021-2022) to join our team of dedicated educators. Pima Partnership High School is a tuition-free Alternative charter school for grades 9-12, honored by the Education Equity Foundation as a top school for closing the achievement gap for at-risk students. Our dedicated teachers and support staff, small class sizes, and individualized, career-focused learning plans help our students develop the skills they need to achieve success in high school and beyond. This position is also expected to work at Pima Partnership Academy. PPA is a tuition-free charter middle school and top-ranking STEM school, providing rigorous and individualized education for grades 6-8. Our school curriculum, positive culture, and student support services help students develop the skills they need for future academic and career success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Student Services Coordinator/Special Education Director.
- Provides special education services to students.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with disabilities.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with general education teachers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Demonstrates gains in student performance.
- Participates in training and presentations
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating.
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational planning.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Education with concentration in Special Education and Special Education certification required. SEI endorsement (Structured English Immersion) preferred. Must demonstrate organizational skills, and communication abilities to provide instructional services and effectively coach and support teachers and their instructional teams.
- Must be certified Mild-Moderate Disabilities K-12
- Current SEI endorsement (Structured English Immersion) preferred
- Knowledge of students in a learning environment
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferred
- Experience working with youth
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve The Partnership Schools goals
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to be a self starter and take initiative
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and have time management skills
- Extensive experience working with youth preferred
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Proficient in interpreting raw data into graphs or other visual aids
- Ability to be a team player
- Once trained, possess the ability to complete projects independently
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied social, cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to perform recurring tasks while maintaining a standard of excellence at all times
- Excellent overall computers skills including Microsoft Office, databases, and spreadsheets
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Arizona driver's license and become insurable
- Must be able to obtain or current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR
- Must be able to obtain a Fingerprint clearance card.
PPP requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met, or are encountered, by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must, on a daily basis, lift and/or move up to 20 pounds several times a day. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.