Regional Administrative Assistant II
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) – the world’s largest nonprofit organization creating educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are visually impaired – is seeking a Regional Administrative Assistant to join our Outreach Services Department to assist with regional training and outreach.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Outreach Services, the Regional Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to regional partnerships and the regional outreach specialists of the Outreach Services team. This position works a typical M-F dayshift schedule and is in Louisville, KY. Our work environment is welcoming and compassionate, taking pride in our competitive benefits offerings, including free onsite parking, tuition reimbursement, and career development opportunities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains databases daily for the regional partnerships and outreach specialists in conjunction with regional partnerships, APH Finance, and APH Outreach Services. This includes procurements, budget spread sheets, information database of contractors, etc.
- Prepares, processes, and tracks invoices, credit card charges, and reimbursements via requisitions for the regional partnerships and outreach specialists; assists with budget planning and review. Monitors department accounts routinely for irregularities and prepares recommendations for corrective action in conjunction with regional partnerships, APH Finance, and APH Outreach Services.
- Manages the ordering and tracking of APH aides and books which are used at training events by regional partnerships and regional outreach specialists.
- Manages the packing, shipping, unpacking, and checking of products to ensure they are still in good condition.
- Creates, distributes, and maintains documents for regional partnerships and the regional outreach specialists in electronic format, print, and braille. Provides data and reports and communicates to contractors the process for submitting paperwork.
- Assists the regional outreach specialists of the Outreach Services Department with needs to include scheduling meetings and appointments (onsite and with software meeting tools such as Zoom) and arranging travel for both in-house staff, contractors, and guests of APH.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and responds to phone calls and emails; handles urgent matters appropriately and in a timely and professional manner using good judgement.
- Completes other projects or assignments as directed.