Corporate and Foundation Relations Specialist
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or low vision, is seeking a Corporate and Foundation Relations Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Corporate and Foundation Relations Specialist will secure sustainable funding opportunities and increase revenue through foundation and corporate grants, and sponsorships. This position is responsible for all aspects of grant proposal submissions, including research, preparing implementation plans, writing, budgeting, interim and summary reporting, and stewardship.
Working collaboratively with the Advancement team and in partnership with APH Program staff, this individual will secure funding and increase revenues to support the mission and overall work of APH, including restricted programmatic, unrestricted general operating support, and support for special initiatives.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Advancement staff to develop and implement short and long-term strategies for initiating and developing beneficial relationships with foundations and corporations.
- Identify key priorities for funding, seeking a good fit between potential funders and needs of APH.
- Coordinate with program staff regarding proposal/grant process and required documents/guidelines/timelines, as well as grant award account numbers, expenditures, grant agreements, etc.
- Conduct full range of activities required to prepare, write, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports.
- Ensures annual stewardship reports to foundations and corporate funders are prepared and filed on time.
- Responsible for keeping up with calendar of upcoming proposals and reports due, pending grants, and annual grants received.
- Work closely with Finance team to ensure timely and correct management of grants.
- Maintain donor confidentiality and comply with fundraising ethics and standards.
- Pursue professional opportunities to remain current in the field.
- Remain aware and educated about the programs, activities, resources, and services provided by APH for people who are blind or low vision.