Knowledge and Experience
A thorough knowledge and understanding of established best practices within the building maintenance industry; experienced in the proper methods used in carpentry, plumbing, painting, pressuring washing, minor electrical repair and renovation/alteration of buildings and structures.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to safely operate power equipment, power tools, motor vehicles and powered utility carts.
- Has a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities for sustained periods of time including: lifting, pushing, pulling, reach overhead and carrying heavy objects and/or equipment.
- Ability to work in various physical positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time. Exert maximum muscle force and have the capability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support lifting up to 50 pounds or more repeatedly or continuously without limitation.
- Ability to work in inclement and variable weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Must hold a valid and current Florida driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education and Experience
Two years of experience in the building maintenance and construction field.
Saint Andrew’s School is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, gender, race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability or handicap, genetic information, military status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirement of all federal, state, and local laws.
Saint Andrew’s is a drug-free workplace. All employees must successfully maintain an acceptable Level II criminal background check. Saint Andrew’s School may, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the school’s changing needs.