Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspiring a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, you’ll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
We are seeking a Network Manager to manage the day-to-day technology needs for the organization and serve as technical lead on various projects. Primary responsibilities include Helpdesk management, network/infrastructure/systems management, project management, and departmental administrative tasks. This position will report to the Director of Information Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works closely with Director of Information Technology to define service objectives for all departments; ensures service objectives are accomplished.
- Provides escalation and backup support for Help Desk, Network Administrator and Project Associate.
- Manage IT Help Desk
- Manage Network Administration
- Oversee all Microsoft Cloud Applications and Services and performance metrics
- Oversee the administration of Microsoft Suites, SharePoint, Security and Administrative Portals.
- Oversee Telecommunications and services.
- Tessitura Liaison reporting to IT Director and coordinating with Contractor (Jixaw) for Scripts, maintenance, requests, troubleshooting, security.
- Manage Security Monitoring to include developing compliancy.
- Assist in Developing policies.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for the procurement and implementation of applications, devices, and hardware within the scope of responsibility for this position.
- Assist in the implementation of projects for the organization
- Actively identify and explore new tools to increase Company productivity and efficiency.
- Accurate and current Documentation library.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Understands, implements, and follows key IT security and operational controls.
- Strong understanding of Network Tools, Solarwinds Service Desk & NPM, Cisco Meraki
- Maintains and provides Administration for Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong experience with Azure Cloud Services, Microsoft Windows Server OS, Microsoft Active Directory, Azure, Microsoft 365
- Strong Microsoft security protection administration and support
- Strong skills and Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Knowledge and experience with networking technologies and protocols including wired and wireless networking technologies, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, RDP, ICA and other networking technologies and protocols.
- Tessitura knowledge, Administration and Maintenance
- Knowledge of PowerShell or other scripting technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or 5 years equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in Information Technology with specific background related to operations management, IT infrastructure, and/or data center management.
- Proactive and upbeat written and verbal communication skills.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills.
- Demonstrates problem-solving and problem-prevention techniques.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquires and complaints.
- Ability to define problems, perform research and draw defendable conclusions in a timely fashion.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to work with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access & EEO Statement:
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Houston Ballet’s shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are “all in” and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballet’s mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.