Title: Facilities Event Manager
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Location: Charleston, SC
Type: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt. Evenings and weekend hours may be required.
The Charleston Gaillard Center is entering a new phase of focus with the developing of local and national partnerships and the producing and commissioning of work taking a greater role alongside our continued commitment to presenting high quality touring work.
A leader in the performing arts in the Southeast, The Charleston Gaillard Center commissions, supports, and presents ambitious, multidisciplinary cultural programming and provides access to the best local, national, and global artists and companies on its stage. Deeply rooted in the community, the Gaillard Center is committed to elevating local and regional voices and partnering with Charleston institutions to reflect the citys diversity, both on stage and off. Through programming on its public campus and extensive arts education initiatives, the Gaillard Center serves as a platform to participate in community building and essential dialogue.
Located in the heart of the Inspiration Corridor, Charlestons cultural hub, the Gaillard Center was established as a nonprofit in 2015. Its campus includes the world-class 1,818-seat Martha and John M. Rivers Performance Hall, a 16,000 square-foot Grand Ballroom, and a park space that is increasingly being activated for artistic presentations.
The Charleston Gaillard Management Corporation (GMC), doing business as The Charleston Gaillard Center, is a non-profit 501c3 organization responsible for managing the facility. For more information about the Charleston Gaillard Center, please visit http://www.gaillardcenter.org.
The Facilities Event Manager reports to the Director of Facilities and is responsible for and supervises the maintenance and care of the premises, specifically as it relates to events and operations of the Charleston Gaillard Center.
- Oversees the daily workflow, scheduling, and assignments of the janitorial service provider and Facilities Maintenance Technicians/Facilities Event Supervisor staff.
- Inspects and performs maintenance on assigned equipment and facilities to ensure they are ready for events and regular company operations.
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas.
- Scheduling routine maintenance, inspections, and repairs.
- Coordinate with building owner (The City of Charleston) on maintenance of equipment owned and maintained by them in accordance with signed agreement.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Maintains files of warranties, records, licenses, inspections, service agreements, and contracts for various pieces of equipment.
- Collaborates with other appropriate management staff to ensure success of events and performances.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The work schedule will be variable and based on the event schedule.
- Associates degree or 2 years of applicable experience in related field.
- Basic understanding or ability to quickly learn the equipment and facilities to be maintained.
- Ability to maintain basic records and warranties.
- Ability to understand written directions in manuals and on manufacturer websites.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software as required to complete and maintain records and compose reports.
- Bachelors degree or 4 years of applicable experience in related field.
- Experience managing the companys type of facilities and equipment.
- Experience managing special events.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment.
- Activities may require sustained periods of movement, traversing, and positioning to meet facility and event demands.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the facilities.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
The Charleston Gaillard Center provides a competitive benefit package that includes:
- Fully paid medical insurance at the employee level
- Optional vision, dental, life, and disability insurance
- 4 weeks of paid time off
- 403(b) with up to a 4% company match
- Free and/or discounted tickets to performances
- Employer paid parking
The Gaillard is an equal opportunity employer. Advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Gaillard is critical to our mission. To be a leading performing arts center in the Southeast, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging. For us, equity means that our staff members, our patrons, and our clients can experience the transformative power of the arts, no matter their starting place.