REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Proven success producing error-free content.
- Critical attention to detail skills.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated strong time management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills with a strong interest in innovation, user experience.
- Proficiency with a variety of technological platforms and software, including social media, media monitoring (i.e., Cision), and graphic design tools (i.e., Canva).
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a variety of work and communication styles to accomplish division and association goals while building trust and productive relationships.
- Solicits feedback regularly and accepts constructive criticism.
- Offers recognition of, and respect for, the contributions of all collaborators.
- Plans proactively and seeks out appropriate resources to achieve results.
- Acts in a way that demonstrates integrity and serves as a positive example to encourage others to act with a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to summarize and clearly convey information to varying audiences.
- Resourceful team player, who also works well independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, diverse, and inclusive team setting, remaining flexible and proactive.
- Bachelors degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field required.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive professional experience in communications, public relations, and email marketing, including extensive experience writing and editing print and digital communications. Experience working in communications for a higher education organization, or the nonprofit sector preferred.
- Proficiency in executing social media strategies and tactics with proven results.
- Experience successfully managing and prioritizing multiple projects with tight and competing deadlines, collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
COMPENSATION AND LOCATION
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance; 15 paid holidays plus additional annual leave; above market contribution to company sponsored 403(b) retirement plan; tuition assistance, on-site fitness facility, 24/7 building security, secured bike storage and more. Additionally, available underground public parking is accessible for all employees at their own expense.
This is a full-time position located at AASCUs headquarters in Washington, D.C.AASCU staff are currently required to be in the office in a hybrid schedule of 2 days in the office and 3 days optional remote. All AASCU staff are required to be fully vaccinated including boosters as recommended by the CDC schedule.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, if applicable.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operates a computer or laptop; however, some standing and walking may be required when attending in-office meetings or events.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with team members via email, phone, or virtual meeting room and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Lift and carry a minimum of 10 lbs. occasionally.
- Occasional travel to an office/conference event.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AASCU is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
AASCU is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in all Association policies and the way we do business at AASCU.