- 3 years minimum experience in technical art or other relevant experience
- Shipped at least 1 game within the technical art discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience creating and maintaining a rigging pipeline with an emphasis on facial rigging and implementation of expressive blendshapes
- Experience working with Mocap data
- Advanced knowledge of Maya
- Python, Scripting for Maya tool
- Basic knowledge of Vicon Shogun, Photoshop, Substance Painter and/or Zbrush
- VFX Experience
- Animation Experience
- Experience across multiple platform types or developing to varying limitations and technical restrictions
- Interest and understanding of human anatomy
- Recognize proper mesh topology and give feedback to the character dept
About Deck Nine
Deck Nine Games is an independent game developer dedicated to crafting interactive story games that inspire, transform, and entertain players. Our passion is storytelling games.
Our first narrative game, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is loved by fans and has won multiple awards, including Game of Year and was nominated for both a VGA and a BAFTA. Recently we just announced our next game, Life is Strange: True Colors, due to be released in September 2021.
The studio is 100+ people and is in sunny Westminster, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains. We hope to share more information about our next title with Square Enix as soon as we can.
We’re looking for talented and self-motivated people to join us as we aim to rise to the top of the storytelling game studios. We are part of the thriving Colorado game dev scene and our location offers a lower cost of living and is in close proximity to countless family-friendly activities and amazing outdoor opportunities. If this sounds appealing to you, please apply!
As the crafters of stories that encompass the full breadth of life’s experiences, Deck Nine is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural team in which people from all walks of life feel inspired to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and believe deeply in the creativity and strength built from diversity of race, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, and the many other qualities that make us different.