REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement through the assessment of processes and systems.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within the department and throughout the organization. Additionally, a proven ability to independently manage a high performing team that delivers accurate and actionable data to support AASCU’s strategic plan and goals.
- Experience directing successful membership marketing strategies and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience and successful results in building multi-year strategies.
- Strong communication and organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks, seamlessly, with excellent attention to detail in a busy work environment.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, with strong interest in innovation, user experience, and customer service.
- Ability to summarize and clearly convey complex information to varying audiences.
- Resourceful team-player, with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, diverse, and inclusive team setting, remaining flexible, and proactive.
- 10 years of progressive leadership experience in association management with demonstrated success in increasing membership recruitment, retention, and engagement; achieving revenue goals; and maintaining database integrity. Higher education or non-profit is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Certified Association Executive (CAE) is a plus.
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) influencing and relationship building skills as well as a commitment to a high level of customer service.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, Association Management Systems (iMIS, Nimble, MemberClicks, Netforum, etc.).
- Experience and proficiency with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube), email service providers (Informz, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Magnet Mail, etc.), Google Analytics, and other marketing technologies as necessary.
- A proven track record of management experience and mentoring.
- Exceptional time management skills and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment with short deadlines, demonstrating a flexible approach.
- Full understanding of the importance of outstanding customer service.
- Organization, management of concurrent projects in heavy workloads, ability to meet necessary deadlines.
- Appreciation for and supportive of working in a diverse environment with all levels of employees.
- Some travel required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS, AND LOCATION
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance; 15 paid holidays plus additional annual leave; above market contribution to company sponsored 403(b) retirement plan; tuition assistance, on-site fitness facility, 24/7 building security, secured bike storage and more. Additionally, available underground public parking is accessible for all employees at their own expense.
This is a full-time position located at AASCU’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. AASCU staff are currently required to be in the office in a hybrid schedule of 2 days in the office and 3 days optional remote. All AASCU staff are required to be fully vaccinated including boosters as recommended by the CDC schedule. Please note during public health matters, AASCU employees will be required to follow the guidance on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, if applicable.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operates a computer or laptop; however, some standing and walking may be required when attending in-office meetings or events.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with team members via email, phone, or virtual meeting room and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Lift and carry a minimum of 10 lbs. occasionally.
- Occasional travel to an office/conference event.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AASCU is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
AASCU is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in all Association policies and the way we do business at AASCU.