New Castle Building Products (NCBP) is a full-service distributor based in White Plains, NY. NCBP operates with seven core values: Caring, Urgency, Teamwork, Honesty, Accountability, Flexibility and Passion. All our 20+ locations from Massachusetts to Baltimore operate with these core values as their driving force. We look for team members who will display and share these values with fellow employees and customers.
Our Headquarters based in White Plains is seeking a Staff Accountant - Temp to Perm. In this role you will provide support to Controller and Finance Supervisor in carrying out responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting department.
- Post and reconcile bank transaction on regular basis.
- Assist in all phases of closing and reporting including preparation of journal entries, analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, analysis of variances in income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain appropriate journal entries, accruals, and prepaid schedules where necessary.
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare audit schedules for annual independent audit when needed.
- Prepare sales and other tax returns.
- Work on special projects and analysis when requested.
If this sounds like you, please complete the application and also complete a brief survey once the application is submitted which will pop up on your screen.
Wage Range: $60k- $80k annually and additional benefits. In compliance with applicable law, this range is a good faith estimate based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law.