The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or low vision, is seeking a Copywriter to join our Communications/Consumer Engagement team.
As Copywriter, the successful candidate directs APH’s internal and external communication efforts by creating engaging content for our global audiences which includes teachers, parents, consumers, students, legislators, advocates, partners and others. This senior communicator will seek new ways to tell the story of APH and its affiliates (the APH ConnectCenter, APH Museum, etc.), and remain up-to-date on news from the blindness and visual impairment field. This position works under the supervision of the Senior Director of Engagement and Experience.
The work location for this position can be onsite or remote. The successful candidate should reside in the local or surrounding areas of Louisville, KY.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write compelling content for a variety of platforms. Content includes, but is not limited to: Annual reports, website and landing pages, marketing materials, policy briefs, C-suite communications, video scripts, advertising, blogs, articles, social media, and position papers. Responsible for directing where content should be placed and the schedule for disseminating information.
- Develop a communications strategy and process to ensure our message reaches a variety of audiences including education, advocacy, consumers, legislators, scholars, parents, and students. Experience writing for the blindness and visual impairment community, or a similar community(s), is a plus
- Understand the concepts of branding and how to build strong messaging around our brands. Define key messages and brand voice for internal and external communications
- Provide direction to the APH team as a whole in their use of the APH brand relative to our brand standards by reviewing and editing written communications for other APH departments
- Produce well-written content that is SEO friendly and optimized for conversion
- Write high-quality product descriptions and provide supporting content
- Ensure messaging is consistent across the company through creating an in-house team to develop an APH Style Guide
- Manage projects and juggle multiple deliverables
- Advocates for and assures the highest accessibility standards in all communication from APH.