Under the guidance of the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Marketing and Communications plays a pivotal role in advancing Meals on Wheels People's mission. This key leadership position is responsible for developing and managing the organization's marketing, public relations, and communication strategies to support fundraising and strategic initiatives across the board. The Director will orchestrate the integration of effective marketing and communication strategies both internally and externally, permeating all functional areas within Meals on Wheels People. This role also involves providing visionary leadership, direction, and the development of a team of marketing and communication professionals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an integrated omni-channel marketing, public relations, and communications strategy, encompassing social media, print and digital content, and email marketing.
- Drive growth in market revenue through the implementation of fundraising tactics and strategic partnerships, ensuring sustainable year-over-year growth.
- Lead communication efforts in conjunction with fundraising campaigns, special events, and external partnerships.
- Utilize data and audience insights to make informed strategy-based decisions, fostering continual improvement and innovation.
- Manage media events, press contacts, public image campaigns, spokesperson training, and the creation of social media content and public position statements.
- Act as a representative for Meals on Wheels People in various settings, including media appearances.
- Oversee the development and production of marketing publications, collateral materials, fundraising appeals, and social media initiatives.
- Develop compelling branding and marketing strategies aligned with MOWP's strategic goals and objectives, including The Diner and PDXPOP!
- Ensure brand identity, messaging, and marketing strategies are integrated into all organizational efforts, from programming to development.
- Supervise the evaluation and implementation of digital technologies to enhance MOWP's marketing and brand awareness, including the use of marketing automation software.
- Manage the daily operations of the Marketing & Communications Department, which includes budgeting, planning, and staff supervision and development.
- Support the Leadership Team in internal and external communications related to the organization's vision and strategies.
- Foster a culture of high performance and continuous improvement and develop staff through a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Establish staff performance and development goals, set staff priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Support MOWP's Thought Leadership efforts by creating high-quality, timely, and impactful outputs and promoting a collaborative environment for shared success and teamwork.