This position supports procedures for the front office and ensures efficiency and productivity. The office support staff substitute creates a friendly and professional atmosphere for the front office and provides quality customer service and resolves issues for student families in a timely manner.
Parent Customer Service: Contact for parent needs; Contact to answer phones and emails; Check phone messages and return calls.
Health Care for Students: Call parents to pick up students who may get sick; Care for students who may get injured; Dataentry for students who are injured or sent home due to illness; manage medication forms for students who need medicationon campus; send medical exposure notices when necessary.
Admissions: Provide support to admissions team, as needed (greeting families, assisting with assessments);Assist families with application/enrollment on occasion.
Office Equipment: Take care of troubleshooting and caring for all office equipment (copiers and laminator); Pick up allreceived boxes and shipments from Security.
Daily to Do (Shared with Administrative Assistant/Admissions Assistant)
- Assist students with tardy passes
- Field phonecalls to office (internal and external)
- Tracking absences and tardies: daily calls/emails home to parents/guardians
- Laminating and distributingitems
- Collect mail from 3rd floor and mail outgoing items
- Opening/Closing of the front office and nurse's station
- Organizing Uniform Exchange and Lost and Found
- Assisting students with photo copies and office tasks
- Providing breaks for teachers as needed
- Cover teacher duties as needed(recess, lunch, etc)
- Provide assistance for Substitute Teachers (sub keys, print sub plans, provide assistance as needed)