The Substitute Teacher (7-12) is responsible for educating and equipping all students to give them the academic, spiritual, emotional and physical tools needed to become Christian leaders. This position strives daily to bring the Living Word to students, some of whom do not, as of yet, have a personal relationship with Christ. Incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Junior and Senior High School Principal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively teaches a weekly Lesson Plan with age appropriate activities for the age group served.
- Updates weekly grades, lesson plans and homework, as due for posting on On-line grade book by Friday at 5PM.
- Keeps classrooms, playgrounds, resources, equipment, and physical environment clean, safe and presentable.
- Completes any additional work needed during hours beyond outlined daily schedule.
- Follows the grade school academic calendar, including professional development days.
- As needed, provides lunch and recess supervision, PE and elective class coverage and chapel planning.
- Ensures that all work areas have supplies and are restocked as needed. The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Elementary and Secondary Administrators.