Training and Experience:
- A minimum of an Associate degree is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years accounting experience required.
- A minimum of 2 years of nonprofit accounting is required.
- Proficient in use of MS Excel, Word and MIP Fund Accounting or a similar nonprofit financial accounting system is required.
- Experience in healthcare industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Organize, prioritize and maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop systems and procedures to facilitate the completion of projects and tasks.
- Communicate effectively, persuasively, and professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Work independently and collaboratively.
- Work effectively under pressure.
- Follow timelines and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Be attentive to details.
- Perform auditing functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
COVID vaccination is required and APLA Health will consider accommodations for medical- and religious-based reasons.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/transgender/veteran.