Summary of Position:
Assists in reconciling and analyzing the financial operation of PVA.
- Prepares daily cash report and communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Prepares and enters journal entries for all cash receipts, ZBA transfers, returned checks, line of credits, loan payments.
- Deposit checks & cash received from rent, BER/Invoice payments & various donations mailed to the main office on a weekly basis.
- Process credit card donations.
- Update the daily cash receipt log.
- Performs the following on a monthly basis:
- Reconciliation of various to the database, balance sheet, income & expense accounts as assigned
- Electronic Fund Transfer from donors.
- Prepare all invoices including event sponsorships.
- Deposits mailed to caging facility.
- Performs the following on a semi-monthly basis:
- Prepares and enters journal entries required to adjust the financial accounts assigned.
- Supports the outside audit staff with the preparation of schedules and any related work necessary in connection with the year-end audit.
- Performs additional tasks and undertakes specific projects as assigned to support the Finance Department.
Desired Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- Ability to work in a computerized accounting environment.
- Ability to analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Seeking undergraduate degree in Accounting but not required or equivalent experience preferred.
- Good customer service skills.
- Proficient with spreadsheet and database software.
- One year general accounting experience.
PVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.