The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or low vision, is seeking a Front-End Developer for our Ecommerce, IT department. Reporting to the Director, Ecommerce, IT. This key role will support the APH.org Ecommerce platform. Developing accessible systems to enhance our ecommerce website.
In this role you will update and maintain our APH websites and ensure that we comply with accessibility standards like WCAG 2.0. You will participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. This position would lead and teach accessible web development standards to others.
The candidate is expected to work onsite and attend onsite meetings as needed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform various coding and programming tasks, such as design or development of Web front-end Web-based applications, and Web/Internet services.
- Code and integrate text, graphics, sound, and/or video.
- Ensure content can be accessed on mobile devices with accessibility tools enabled.
- Work under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Understand users’ needs and how they affect development.
- Make recommendations for acquiring or implementing accessibility solutions.
- Participate in working groups to discuss accessibility issues and solutions.
- Develop user stories and subsequent wire-frames for all newly designed web initiatives.
- Define web accessibility test scenarios and test conditions.
- Develop detailed web accessibility test plans.
- Commit to ongoing training and professional development in web accessibility.
- Manage testing process to ensure tests are traceable to the documented requirements.
- Align test plan, design and execution with the IT UAT methodology, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Set-up and configure test tools and assistive devices for testing providing a consistent environment across testing platforms.