The Service Technician is responsible for day to day maintenance work at their assigned Birchstone community. This role is responsible for the execution of regular and preventative maintenance, timely completion of service requests, and assistance with special projects including capital improvements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Meet with the Service Manager daily to review service requests, make readies, required repairs, special projects, etc.
- Execute and participate in Birchstone’s overall regular and preventative maintenance programs standards, and initiatives.
- Receive and complete service requests; complete all required repairs, improvements, and preventative maintenance, ensuring code compliance.
- Timely identify, diagnose, repair, and resolve issues related to carpentry, electrical, plumbing, A/C and heating systems, appliances, stairs, railings, fixtures, flooring, painting, exteriors, lock changes, etc.
- Support cost-cutting and expense control initiatives through repairs (rather than replacements) when possible.
- Complete make-ready checklists in adherence to apartment turns within budget and 5 business day make ready time frame, ensuring all required repairs and improvements to units are made prior to resident move-in. Repairs include window blinds, sheetrock repair, caulk and seal (windows, sinks, toilets, bath, shower, etc.), paint touch ups, lighting, and fixtures, etc.
- Walk and inspect the community daily; ensure physical aspects and appearance of the community meet or exceed Birchstone standards.
- Ensure unsafe conditions are reported and corrected immediately.
- Maintain grounds, common areas, and amenities.
- Change locks as needed and ensure gates are in proper working order.
- Assist in maintaining grounds and trash pick-up, pressure wash breezeways and pool areas; paint curbs/signs/exteriors as needed.
- Ensure community is prepared for inspections.
- Complete and submit appropriate paperwork and reports timely and accurately.
- Complete all required maintenance documentation timely and accurately.
- Monitor equipment and security systems frequently to ensure they remain in proper working order; schedule and/or perform preventative maintenance.
- Manage inventory of tools, equipment, supplies, and parts needed to complete service requests.
- Assist with the implementation of corporate and area/region-specific maintenance initiatives.
- Provide support and assistance in the execution of special projects and assignments including capital improvement projects.
- Attend regular meetings with Service Manager and act as a resource to community team members in maintenance related matters.
- Work on-call shifts/schedules to assist with both resident and property emergencies.
- General cleaning as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.