Recovery Network of Programs, Inc. (RNP), is a private, non-profit, social service agency which has been serving the Greater Bridgeport Community and Fairfield County area since 1972. RNP is dedicated to helping those living with substance use, mental health disorders, and homelessness. Our mission is to restore hope, health, and wellbeing for individuals and families in a recovery environment that embraces compassion, dignity and respect.
First Step (Residential Detoxification Program) This is a highly structured inpatient medically monitored detoxification program, located in Bridgeport, Connecticut. This program offers individual counseling, group therapy, case management, referral services for continuing care, and medical management. First Step is a CARF accredited, DPH licensed 27 bed residential detox unit for individuals aged 18 and over struggling with addiction to alcohol, opiates and/or benzodiazepines.
Hours: Saturday - Sunday 4pm to 12am
- Monitors clients blood pressure, pulse, respirations and temperature and secure urine toxicology as appropriate.
- Monitor change in medical and psychological status and report to the nurse on duty.
- Monitor all client activity and behavior and report all irregularities to supervisor and/or nurse on duty.
- Responsibly for assisting client with admission process by labeling and securing property in locker, making sure client clothing is laundered, and allowing client to shower prior to being admitted .
- Responsible for security and safety of clients.
- May be required to facilitate initial procedures for admission, including completion of required intake forms, releases, collection of initial assessment and recommendations for treatment planning.
- Encourage clients to participate in any in-house meetings as medically appropriate.
- Conduct 15 minutes checks of the clients.
- Conduct hourly checks of the building during the shift to assure safety rules and regulations are being adhered to and all facility systems are running and properly documented, i.e., refrigeration and heating.
- Respect clients rights; adhere to confidentiality according to state and federal guidelines/regulations.
- Maintain good working relationship with service providers; i.e., hospital, police, treatment centers, treatment team.
- As necessary, serve food, clean and maintain the unit and transport clients to related service agencies for continuum of care.
- All other duties assigned as deemed appropriate by Director or designee inclusive, filing, assemble clients records, etc.
- Flexible schedule. Some Holidays and week-ends and occasional mandatory overtime to ensure shift coverage.