Bristol Health Medical Group has full-time opportunities for adult nurse practitioners to join its network of thriving primary care practices located in central Connecticut. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a respected and expanding system of caregivers affiliated with Bristol Hospital which is a top-rated community hospital.
Our Primary Care Network is an NCQA Level 3 recognized Patient Centered Medical Home with professional, friendly and outgoing staff to enhance your patient’s experience.
Our central Connecticut location is in close proximity to urban living with professional sporting events, concerts, ballet, theatres and only two hours from NYC and Boston.
Bristol Health Medical Group Offers:
• Competitive compensation
• Generous amount of paid time off
• Comprehensive array of health benefits
• Retirement savings plan
• Employer paid malpractice coverage
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Traci Brown in the Physician Recruitment Office at 860-585-3133 or email your CV to Tbrown@bristolhospital.org.
REPORTING PURPOSE: To act as a Nurse Practitioner at offices located in The Bristol Hospital Multi-Specialty Group service area in Connecticut. To provide Nurse Practitioner services to patients at the locations. Provide input into budget preparation, assessment of equipment and support needs and attendance and participation in Bristol Hospital and BHMSG meetings.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: APRN will meet with the President of BHMSG during the period of provisional evaluation. APRN will abide by the BHMSG, Bristol Hospital and Medical Staff Bylaws, rules, regulations and policies, and APRN’s collaborating physician.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs medical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, consultations, and treatment for inpatients as primary provider or consultant.
Effective communication with the collaborating physician and staff within the Bristol Hospital Multi-Specialty Group System.
Collaborative approach with nursing service and ancillary staff for patient care of patients admitted to the Bristol Hospital System.
Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
Directs and coordinates the care of patients between specialists and other relevant patient care components as appropriate.
As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
Follows established Department/Divisional policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
Participates in committee activities as assigned by the employer.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the employer.
Participates/Coordinates in Bristol Hospital HealthCare Group programs as assigned.
11. Prepare all reports, claims and correspondence necessary or appropriate in connection with professional services rendered by Nurse Practitioner.
12. Obtain consultation with physicians as appropriate.
13. Assist in the preparation for and participate in surveys by federal or state regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies.
14. Participate in clinical guideline development, care management programs and quality assurance as directed.
15. Provide input and support to the development and management of the practice.
16. Participate and comply with BHMSG and Hospital compliance programs and activities.
17. Comply with all BHMSG reimbursement requirements including the timely completion of billing slips.
18. Serve on BHMSG, Hospital and Medical Staff committees as requested by the Employer.
19. Attend and participate in regularly scheduled meetings with other professional members of BHMSG and the Hospital.