Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO Accrual, and 403b Benefits available.
Masters of Nursing degree in Psychiatry and Community Mental Health; Licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Colorado; Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license to have Prescriptive Authority for Advanced Practice Nurses; Completed the necessary supervised hours to obtain prescriptive authority; Maintains DEA number.
Participates with multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive psychiatric nursing services to clients and to serve in a consulting capacity to staff and other health care providers; Initiates medication; Provides regular psychiatric duties and consultation services, as deemed appropriate by medical supervisor, to referral sources outside Mind Springs Health/West Springs Hospital. All professional psychiatric activities that require collaboration with a Psychiatrist employed by Mind Springs Health/West Springs Hospital will be provided solely for patients enrolled at Mind Springs Health/West Springs Hospital.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability (include materials and equipment directly used):
- Advanced knowledge of individual, group, family, and medication treatment modalities and their application to children and adults with mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Ability to practice independently as allowed by the statutes of the State of Colorado.
- Ability to produce written documentation of clinical work in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate program needs and services to community organizations and groups.
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer applications to include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet access.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including calculator, copy machine, fax and multi-line telephone.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a sometimes hectic environment with frequent interruptions.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand or kneel and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop. Must have ability to sit for longer periods of time at a computer. May be exposed to stressful situations that involve enraged, distraught and/or intoxicated individuals with possible mental disorders. Possible potential for exposure to communicable disease. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.