- High HHA Caregiver Job satisfaction providing 1:1 care to our club members.
- Beautiful community centrally located in a serene Florida setting for our residents and staff to enjoy.
- No car travel from one case to another. All cases are within the Jacaranda Trace Community.
- Non-Profit Organization whose mission for our members and staff is “Live, Love, and Laughter”
- Competitive wages and excellent benefits for our staff as they apply to hours worked.
- Assignments may include Escort to: Medical appointments, Recreational Events, Outside Walks, and possibly to an Evening concert or Event.
Reporting to the Club Care (Home Health) Manager, the CNA provides direct personal services for residents. The CNA guides or assists residents with those activities of daily living (ADLs) that they are unable to perform without guidance, fostering at all times the residents independence and freedom of choice. The CNA respectfully interacts with all residents, family members, visitors, colleagues and staff. This is a safety sensitive position.
It is understood that every incidental duty connected with operations listed in the job description is not always specifically described, and that employees, at the discretion of management, may be required to perform duties not within their job descriptions. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Performs personal care activities, including but not limited to bathing/showering, shampooing, skin care/nail care, oral hygiene, shaving, and dressing.
- Performs household services essential to health care at home, including but not limited to meal preparation/feeding, laundry, light housekeeping, grocery shopping, and transportation.
- Provides medication reminders and limited assistance such as giving client water and opening pill box, (under the direction of the Club Care Manager, RN).
- Reading and recording temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the clients condition and/or needs to the Club Care Manager, Registered Nurse.
- Documents care provided and completes forms required for the clients records.
- Completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices, following agency guidelines, and reporting unsafe situations to the supervisor.
- Participates in in-service and educational trainings and programs
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The essential mental and physical functions listed below are required in order for an employee to be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to read and write, follow written and verbal instructions, and communicate effectively in English.
- Thinking critically; defined as reading, understanding, and taking appropriate action on detailed and complex information.
- Walking long distances regularly.
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing a wheelchair with a resident weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Repetitive actions/motion of one or both hands.
- Hearing ordinary conversation and office sounds.
- Verbal communication in person and on the phone.
- Written communication by hand and on PC.