Thayer Academy’s Upper School seeks a student-focused collaborator to teach in its Upper School English Department. This full-time position includes instructing four classes, advising a small group of students, and participating in the life of the school with students through coaching and/or supervising student activities. This position is a salaried, exempt, full-time, regular, 10-month position. Upper School teachers report to the Upper School Dean of Faculty.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Teach four sections in the English department, which focuses its curriculum on developing strong communicators
- Advise a group of 7-8 students
- Contribute to the school community as an athletic coach (preferred) and/or leader of student activities
- Apply inclusive classroom practices that value the humanity of all students
- Participate in professional growth opportunities