Smalley Steel Ring Company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. Our ingenuity, dedicated associates, engineering expertise, and technical ability are driving our success, holding over 50 years of manufacturing experience supplying the aerospace, automotive, and other industrial markets. We take pride in ourselves, the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and the service of excellence that we provide to our loyal customers.
Smalley is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we will empower you to push the boundaries of what is possible. We aim to continuously build upon a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusion with a continued focus on the ‘human’ in human capital.
Remember the last time you planned a vacation? You may have been nervous or excited to travel by air to your favorite destination. Well, your trip was made possible by the design and quality of Smalley’s rings and springs! Our product plays an important role within various applications in the aerospace industry from engines, cabin applications to wheels and brakes. Check us out to see why we are the leading manufacturer for the aerospace industry and several other key industries such as medical, automotive, oil and gas!
What is in it for you?
From Bags Tournaments to Spirit Days to an Annual Walk for Cancer Awareness, we believe in fostering a fun, collaborative, and diverse work environment that supports one another and our communities.
Teamwork, Integrity, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Empathy, Commitment, Humility, Communication and Quality.
Smalley has an opening for an Export Logistics Manager! The Export Logistics Manager will be responsible for leading the creation and implementation of the strategic export logistics processes for the company. You will support the implementation of initiatives by collaborating with other departments to support successful outcomes. You will lead a team to deliver effective, efficient, and compliant export shipping department, adhering to all applicable internal, external, legal, regulatory requirements. In addition, you will ensure coordination with other Customer facing departments like Shipping, Customer Service, Sales and Finance to meet company objectives.
You will develop, maintain, and communicate metrics, facilitate sharing of key performance indicators and metrics to show operational status of the group. Ensure all proper shipping and quality documentation is completed for all export shipments. You will be work as part of the Distribution leadership team and maintain relationships with international carriers (small parcel, LTL, Airlines, Freight Forwarders and local P&D carriers) around the globe in both day-to-day operations, volume planning, and contract negotiations. In addition, you will work with key vendors on monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews, ensuring auditable tracking of actions and resolutions.
- Thorough understanding of the Supply Chain elements
- Must have deep experience with Export Compliance, Paperwork (CI’s/CO’s) and Regulatory Requirements (ITN/AES), HS Codes, INCO Terms, Freight Terms.
- Experience exporting to Europe, Asia and South America
- Excellent inter-departmental collaboration skills (Customer Service, Sales, Quality, Finance)
- Develop robust KPI’s and drive accountability across departments
- Strategic and able to deliver solutions to business problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to execute/deliver results
- Proven self-motivated change agent
- Flexible with the capacity for change and ambiguity
- Nurture external relationships with transportation suppliers and Customers.
- Identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies and implement continuous improvement practices
- Experience in analyzing metrics and data-driven decision-making
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Lead investigations, Root Cause Analyses (RCA), Corrective Action Preventative Action