The Guest Services Coordinator is responsible for creating welcoming environments and positive experiences so that our staff, volunteers, and guests can readily encounter Jesus. This position is a full-time salaried role. The schedule of hours will vary based upon the needs and ongoing events of the church.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee quality, consistency, and strategy in all the physical environments around our campus a guest would experience, with an emphasis on creating excellent first impressions of the church for our guests including, but not limited to:
- Interior and exterior signage
- Parking lots
- Entrance atmospheres
- Manage facility rentals with outside parties and coordinate day of their event.
- Manage all Guest Services volunteer teams and support volunteer leads in those ministries. These include:
- Greeters, Ushers, Parking, Check-in, Resource Center, and Welcome Teams.
- Create a positive Guest Services culture by recruiting, training, and coaching volunteers & ministry leaders.
- Take ownership of church members getting plugged in and connected by:
- Planning and coordinating Welcome Nights for new guests.
- Planning and coordinating Volunteer Interest Meetings for church members to get plugged in to serving.
- Putting together welcome folders and gifts for first time guests/families.
- Managing the connect cards and reaching out to guests who have filled them out.
- Plan and coordinate church-wide events held on our campus like Summer Kickoff, Sunday in the South, Christmas Tree Lighting, etc.
- Assign staff roles and instructions for special events and special services (like Christmas Eve and Good Friday) on campus
- Create special experiences such as photo booths, welcome tents, giveaways, kind gestures, etc.
- Develop and manage Guest Services budget.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices in the field of Guest Services, especially in the church.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Communications Manager.