Knowledge, Skill and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Sociology, Social Work, Education, Psychology, or related field required.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience providing support to youth who have been sexually exploited.
• Minimum of 1-3 years supervisory experience.
• Have an understanding of systemic issues which impact CSEC such as issues with social services, law enforcement, criminal and civil legal systems.
• Responds appropriately and with sensitivity to youth in crisis or experiencing mental, physical, emotional or behavioral distress and uses a variety of methods to offer short term, immediate assistance.
• Ability to work sensitively with traumatized youth using a trauma informed, survivor centered and harm reduction approach.
• Makes sound and timely decisions under pressure. Recognizes what is most suitable in particular situations. Effectively makes decisions in non-standard situations. Exhibits independence, decisiveness and responsibility.
• Ability to work under pressure, manage and meet deadlines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must be comfortable speaking and presenting in public.
• Reliable transportation, valid California Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
• Maintain a flexible schedule in order to be available as needed by the Program.
• Have the ability to pass a criminal background check, FBI/DOJ fingerprinting, TB test, and drug test.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office, Outlook and develop presentations using Power Point or other applications.
• Flexibility with a value for team work and ability to be a positive role model to both youth and the Team.
• Ability to multi-task with the capacity to learn quickly and integrate efficiently.
• Understanding of and passion for Orangewood Foundation’s mission, vision, and values.
• Demonstrates Orangewood Foundation’s operating principles of communication and teamwork.
• Displays Orangewood Foundation’s essential attitudes by approaching projects, activities and other job functions with flexibility and a positive attitude.
• Must be a team player.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements: Position may require use of personal vehicle. Physical requirements include standing, sitting, typing, bending and lifting up to approximately 50 lbs. (i.e. tables, chairs, food, water, etc.)
Modification to work schedule may be made based on need of the Foundation.
Orangewood Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex. gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other protected group, in accordance with all applicable federal or State laws.