Wisconsin Conservatory of Music
The Wisconsin Conservatory of Music is the largest non-profit community music school in the state. Founded in 1899, the Conservatory provides musical experiences to students from age four months through senior citizen, to all levels of abilities, working to develop creative, artistic, and whole individuals. The Conservatory annually reaches over 17,000 individuals across southeast Wisconsin through individual lessons class, and our community music education program Conservatory Connections. This program is the primary tool used by the Conservatory to reach underserved populations in southeastern Wisconsin. Many of these students would not have music instruction without Conservatory faculty serving in this position.
The Conservatory’s mission is: “Inspiring individuals and communities through exceptional music education accessible to all.”
We hold the values of Excellence, Inclusion, Empathy, and Integrity.
The city, the largest metropolitan area in Wisconsin, overlooks beautiful Lake Michigan. Containing a rich cultural heritage, Milwaukee is filled with attractions such as the Summerfest (The World’s Largest Music Festival) Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. Milwaukee Repertory Theater, and a highly active festival season in the summer and fall. It is a thriving and growing metropolitan region, ranked in the Top 50 Best Places to Live by USNews.com.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
Provide high quality music education in area of specialization for Milwaukee area and surrounding counties serving the WCM mission: Inspiring individuals and communities through exceptional music education, accessible to all.
- Provide high quality music education in area of specialization.
- Provide 34 weeks of teaching through the school year & 6 weeks of teaching in the Summer.
- General Music and Connections faculty teach 28-36 weeks in school programs including private, public, charter and choice schools.
- Schedule is flexible. Part-time positions range from between 3 and 25 hours per week.
- Attend faculty meetings and professional development sessions. Other opportunities for professional development will be provided.
- Lead ensembles in area of expertise as assigned.
- Performance opportunities for select faculty are available and will be compensated per-service.
- Recruit for Conservatory programs.
- Other duties as assigned.