The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide high quality music education in area of specialization.
- Provide 34 weeks of teaching through the school year and 8 weeks in the summer semester.
- General Music and Connections faculty teach 28-36 weeks in school programs including private, public, charter and choice schools.
- Attend faculty meetings and professional development sessions. Other opportunities for professional development will be provided.
- Lead ensembles in area of expertise as assigned. Performance opportunities for select faculty are available as part of their full-time positions. Part-time faculty receive per service compensation.
- Recruit for Conservatory programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in music education or performance.
Individual will join a team of faculty committed to providing access to the highest level of music education to all members of society. The successful candidate must show exceptional maturity and leadership and an ability to effectively communicate and follow the mission of the Conservatory and the policies of the President and Board of Directors.
If hired as full-time faculty, faculty member will only teach for the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music.