- Possess excellent public relations skills with vendors, co-workers, members & guests.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to, telephone, computer with Microsoft Office, copy machine, hand-held radios, etc.
- Ability to accurately enter data in the computerized work order system.
- Knowledge of purchasing, shipping, receiving, and tools and materials associated with maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of computers for maintaining records and providing general correspondence
- Supervise seasonal and volunteer staff on weekends
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to evaluate problems and request assistance when necessary.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize work
- Must work from ladders and scaffolding, on roofs, in crawl spaces, and in attics.
- Must safely operate all hand and power tools common to the construction industry
- Must know and use all personal protective equipment necessary to safely do assigned work and ensure seasonal/volunteer staff follow the same procedures.
- One of the team of three staff responsible for snow removal and must be able to operate heavy equipment
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. and climb ladders.
- Possess effective written and oral English communication skills.
- If living on-grounds, will be on-call at least one night a week.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- Proven experience with maintenance operations in a commercial resort along with residential settings.
- Minimum of 2 years experience operating front end loader and pickup with snow plow
- Repair locks, windows, tables, chairs, beds, lamps, etc...
- Perform maintenance tasks such as, but not limited to; un-clogging sewers, drains and traps, flush valves, toilets, light pilots on stoves, furnaces and water heaters.
- Experience with general plumbing, heating and electrical repairs
- Requisition parts, materials, and tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism is required
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work inside and outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Work in noisy environment
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 50 pounds required.
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, stretching, and working in cramped or awkward positions required. Work with hands at shoulder height and above head.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.