Knowledge, Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Human Services, Sociology, Social Work, Education, Psychology, or related field
- Must be a minimum of twenty-four years old
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a human services field
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in direct or indirect service provision to the target population
- Demonstrated knowledge of and two years-experience in providing crisis intervention services and case management to victims of crime, preferably to victims of sexual assault, human trafficking and domestic violence.
- High tolerance and respect for youth survival actions, while promoting harm reduction strategies.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills and ability to establish rapport with CSEC and youth at-risk who may be difficult to engage within different community settings.
- Available to work weekends and evenings, as needed.
- Pass a DMV clearance and possess a valid California drivers license and proof of automobile insurance. Effective communication skills including writing, public speaking, and conflict resolution/mediation skills.
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, and able to work independently at times.
- Continually develops self-knowledge of issues of human trafficking, laws and best practices.
- Be comfortable with and understand adolescent & child abuse issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
- Understanding of and passion for the Orangewood Foundations mission, vision, and values. Demonstrates operating principles of communication and teamwork.
- Displays the essential attitudes by approaching projects, activities and other job functions with flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Displays ethical decision-making ability and confidentiality.
- Models leadership and professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization.
- Must be detail-oriented team player with the ability to self-start.
- Enjoys working with youth, young adults, volunteers, community partners, etc.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, FBI/DOJ fingerprinting, TB test, and drug test. Professional work experience will be verified.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
Position requires use of personal vehicle to transport youth and occasional driving to meetings, workshops, events, etc. Physical requirements include standing, sitting, typing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Modification to work schedule may be made based on need of the Foundation.
Orangewood Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex. gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other protected group, in accordance with all applicable federal or State laws.