Recovery Network of Programs, Inc. (RNP), is a private, non-profit, social service agency which has been serving the Greater Bridgeport Community and Fairfield County area since 1972. RNP is dedicated to helping those living with substance use, mental health disorders, and homelessness. Our mission is to restore hope, health, and wellbeing for individuals and families in a recovery environment that embraces compassion, dignity and respect.
RNP is seeking a Human Resources Specialist whose role focuses on Recruitment & Retention to join our HR team based in our Central Office located in Shelton, CT. Under the direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer, the HR Specialist provides a variety of human resources services including but not limited to talent acquisition, onboarding, employee orientation, employment processing in HRIS, license and records management, fielding HR calls and assisting employees/managers with general HR related questions, occasional benefits administration, and coordination/planning of employee engagement initiatives.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (onsite) with some flexibility.
Salary range $60,000 - $70,000 DOE
- Identify and utilize a variety of creative recruiting methods to identify the best pool of highly qualified candidates, and effectively partner with internal hiring managers to facilitate entire recruiting process, including advertisements, screening resumes/applicants scheduling interviews.
- Preparing offer letters, coordinating all pre-employment requirements including credentialing, background checks, drug-testing, etc., and coordinate new hire orientations.
- Administrative tasks such as answering HR calls and HR mailbox questions, organizing and keeping personnel files up to date for auditing and compliance purposes.
- Plan and coordinate employee engagement initiatives, execute best practices and collaborate with the HR team to create and foster a culture where employee recognition and wellness programs are meeting the needs of the staff.
- Supports the benefits and payroll functions of the department as needed and assists with reporting.
- Maintain the integrity of data into the HRIS and develops standard reports and responds to needs for ad-hoc reporting.
- Enters employee changes into Paycom HRIS and communicates with payroll administrator.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintain knowledge of federal and state employment and labor-related laws.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.