PURPOSE: To develop, plan, manage and execute San Francisco Opera’s Individual and Leadership fundraising programs for individuals who give or potentially give $3,000 - $250,000 or more annually.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and successfully executes strategies to ensure short- and long-term goals for the giving officer area in support of the strategic mission, vision and values of the Opera.
- Develops and executes strategies to prospect, identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors and prospects primarily in the $3,000 to $250,000+ range.
- Partner with Director of Development to support and implement a metrics-driven approach to major-gift fundraising, including development and monitoring of systems and procedures for annual and multi-year goal setting, prospecting, and moves management.
- Oversees revenue and expense budgets for the Individual and Leadership Giving area, including creation, monitoring and analysis.
- Manages a high-functioning team of Giving Officers.
- Recommends and oversees professional development and training for Giving Officer team, to support successful execution of development strategies and metrics.
- Serves as principal contact for a portfolio of high-level donors and prospects.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, manages Development Committees and working groups as assigned, including establishing and tracking annual engagement goals for members.
- Partners with Board members and other volunteers on board committees and other strategic fundraising and audience development efforts to support Company short- and long-term goals.
- Works closely with all areas of Development to support individual and leadership giving campaigns, which includes multi-year strategies for annual, individual and leadership gifts, legacy gifts, signature projects and endowment needs
- Works to secure the community involvement and support necessary to assure the future of San Francisco Opera.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, designs and oversees annual travel opportunities for donors.
- Ensures maximum optimization of staff, volunteer and material resources within departmental division.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of donor contacts and ongoing communications with current and potential donors.
- Plans and oversees implementation of various fundraising events initiatives throughout the calendar year.
- Hosts giving prospects and donors at various events and functions, working evenings and weekends as assigned and required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.