Under general supervision of the Human Resources Director and the Human Resources Supervisor the Human Resources Generalist works on employee relations, employee engagement, full cycle-recruitment, employee benefits, payroll, policy design, interpretation and adherence, development of process improvement, performance and compensation, HRIS, provides training and consultative services to management team and associates.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree in human resources, communications, psychology, or related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in the capacity of HR Generalist
- Strong knowledge of state and federal law and payroll
- Knowledge of leaves of absences including FMLA, ADA and Workers Comp
- Collaborative and service-oriented, positive, and focused in times of adversity.
- Must have the capacity to quickly learn and navigate HRIS programs and HR functional systems/practices.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and an analytical approach
- Possesses good judgement, professional attitude, self-starter, resourceful, and take full ownership of this role and responsibilities
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good leadership skills
What youll do
- Promote BEGA Culture and Core Values
- Assists in employee relations and in a fair and successful resolution
- Answer employee questions about benefits and assist in resolving their matter at hand
- Provide and coordinate thorough first-day orientation to new staff to ensure that they feel welcome and understand company policies and procedures
- Partners with management team to establish staffing needs and the recruitment/selections process
- Identify opportunities and assist in the performance review process and development of associates
- Accurately interpret company policy to promote understanding and to ensure consistency of practices
- Perform research and make recommendations for changes and additions to policies, benefits, compensation and other employee related engagement and retention services
- Ensure that the HR records and employee files are maintained within federal and state guidelines, and that proper confidentiality is maintained.
- Acts as the back-up to Payroll and is a member of the Safety Committee
- Assist Director of HR and HR Supervisor on compliance related projects
- Assist in the training of BEGA employees
- Support continuous improvement within the department and BEGA in order to foster an atmosphere of service excellence and quality
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate a high standard of work ethic, confidentiality, respect, ownership, professionalism, punctuality and reliability
- Evaluate, promote, and support continuous improvement every day.
And finally, BEGA has put forth a set of governing principles. If values govern behavior, principles govern consequences, and weve established four principles to provide the entire organization with a set of hierarchical direction for decision making. First and foremost, as a leader at BEGA, you are the Brand. Be proud of it and protect it. Second, People are BEGAs most valuable asset. Our decisions should always reflect this. Third, Safety is our first priority. Zero lost-time accidents is not a goal, its an expectation. And last but not least, we strive for Excellence in everything we do!
- Exempt status
- Works primarily Monday Friday on BEGA campus
$75,000.00 - $85,000.00 Annually depending on experience/qualifications reflects the negotiable range for hire. The top of the range $95,000.00, is reserved for salary advancement and growth for this position.