- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an accounting position.
- Accounting degree from a four-year college or university preferred but not required, or equivalent experience.
- Audit experience is a plus.
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including intermediate/advanced Excel skills. Must be proficient in determining the excel formulas to be used to obtain specific results from large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL ERP system is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, and coordinate efforts across functions.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of colleagues.
- Enthusiasm for collaboration, and commitment to professional codes of conduct; the Press’s may be accessed at https://press.princeton.edu/about/mission-values.
PUP is a strong advocate for greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the university press community. Individuals who are members of groups underrepresented in academic publishing (which is, according to research by Lee & Low, historically a majority white, straight, cisgender, and nondisabled industry) are encouraged to apply. The Press provides a comprehensive and affordable benefits package and is located in a historic building on Princeton University’s campus that is walking distance from downtown Princeton with easy car access to Route 1 and walking distance from the Princeton train station.
Base Salary: $60,000/year plus extensive benefits package. Starting salary may be negotiable based on relevant skills and prior experience.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should send a cover letter* with salary requirements, and a résumé, via the application website.
*Please include in your cover letter a description of what you are currently reading and what’s on your “to read” list. Note that the cover letter is valued and reviewed closely as a writing sample.
Due to application volume, only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.