Purpose: To provide the basic duties of the Forklift Operator position at Milsco by operating in a safe, productive, and efficient manner.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday from 3 p.m. – 11 a.m.
Payrate: Reg - $15.25 + .75 Shift Diff ($16/hr)
Work schedule is subject to change according to the needs of the company and/or department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport raw, finished, and in-process parts as required.
- Service the material handling requirements of production areas as assigned through observed needs and communications with shop employees and management.
- Load and un-load trucks.
- Verify, scan, label, shrink wrap, report product as required.
- Maintain/exchange batteries for handling equipment.
- Organize/stock/maintain shelves, bins, racks as needed.
- Inform supervisors/lead people of inventory status.
- Transport drums as required.
- Assistance in the change-over of heavy tooling (e.g., molds) as requested.
- Perform Safety and Preventative Maintenance on vehicles as required.
- Properly dispose of scrap/off-all/by-products/residues etc. as necessary.
- Employee must become certified (licensed) on appropriate vehicle/s.
- Other duties as assigned.
Primary Tools and Equipment:
- Man lift, forklift, sweeper
- Scanning Equipment
- Shrink Wrapper and Banding Tools
- Barrel Mover and Fork Extensions