Who You Are:
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Creativity, flexibility, and the ability to manage competing or shifting priorities
- At least three years of work in professional fundraising roles, and experience supporting individual giving at a successful non-profit
- Knowledge of national philanthropic trends & best practices
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different departments
- A growth mindset for themselves and others
- The ability to write clearly and effectively for multiple audiences and stakeholders, including donors, board members, and staff.
- A commitment to NatureBridge's mission and vision
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in non-profit development, and creating positive community work culture. We especially encourage you to apply if you have lived experience as a member of (or extensive experience working with people from) any communities that are impacted by the historic and current system of oppression that has limited access to environmental education, or the outdoors in general.
- The ability to efficiently manage a donor database system
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft Office applications.
*All NatureBridge Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Final shot must occur 15 days or more before the start date. Here is the link to our full policy: NatureBridge COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You must also pass a background check in order to be eligible for employment.
This position works from home and occasionally in the field (national park locations). This position involves some regional travel to NatureBridge campuses/offices, and may include traveling to the East Coast in the future when the COVID-19 pandemic has further abated. Travel to the Golden Gate Campus may be required on a monthly basis. There is occasional evening and weekend work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand or sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
How To Apply:
Submit your application to our Online Career Portal. Your application must include:
- Resume and three references.
- In lieu of a cover letter, please provide a brief writing sample that displays your ability to communicate with donors. This could be a direct solicitation, follow up from a donor meeting, stewardship letter, or something similar. No more than 250 words, please.