Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our Los Angeles-based Payroll team. The ideal candidate will have a strong payroll background and provide support to the Payroll Supervisor as well as help increase productivity in the greater Human Resources department. If you are dedicated, proactive, and goal-oriented, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
Under direct supervision from the Payroll Supervisor, Payroll Specialist is responsible for tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s multi-state payroll processing objectives with a high degree of attention to detail and confidentiality. This person will be a key contributor to consistent and accurate processing payroll for 1000+ employees, verifications of employment, personnel action forms, reporting, and assisting the greater HR department in any way needed. The successful candidate for this role will be extremely detail-oriented, nimble, and a strong interpersonal communicator.
• Serving as a direct collaborator, backup, and support to the Payroll Supervisor in processing semi-monthly and biweekly payrolls of 1000+ employees. Paycom and multi-state payroll experience preferred.
• Creating and distributing daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports regarding headcount, timecards, and other departmental oversights.
• Running and manipulating various Excel and CSV reports to attain requested information
• Oversight of all timecard-related inquiries; enrolling new hires in the timeclock system, updating employee timecard punches, and overseeing time off requests in payroll system (Paycom).
• Communicating with supervisors and HR reps to correct and fix timecard issues in accordance with company Time and Attendance policy.
• Maintain a high level of security, confidentiality, and good judgement for confidential information.
• Creating and entering Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) into Paycom for all employee changes, including but not limited to promotions/demotions, change of DOL status, and department transfers.
• Creating and entering PAFs into Paycom for One-Time payroll requests including, but not limited to employee bonuses, commissions, and additional flight/maintenance pay.
• Receiving, completing, entering and mailing of all VOE’s in a timely manner.
• Verifying and entering on call pay for Charter and Maintenance departments.
• Entering new hire and re-hire information into the HRIS/Payroll system.
• Processing semimonthly hourly payroll, including review and research of any one-time payments or employee changes
• Provide checks and balances by reviewing and auditing salary payroll process as entered by Payroll Supervisor
• Support semimonthly 401(k) reconciliation process
• Supporting the ongoing digitization goals of the payroll and HR departments with regards to personnel files and confidential paperwork
• Assist with audits and projects for department as needed.
• Additional duties as assigned