Recovery Network of Programs, Inc. (RNP), is a private, non-profit, social service agency which has been serving the Greater Bridgeport Community and Fairfield County area since 1972. RNP is dedicated to helping those living with substance use, mental health disorders, and homelessness. Our mission is to restore hope, health, and wellbeing for individuals and families in a recovery environment that embraces compassion, dignity and respect.
First Step (Residential Detoxification Program) This is a highly structured inpatient medically monitored detoxification program, located in Bridgeport, Connecticut. This program offers individual counseling, group therapy, case management, referral services for continuing care, and medical management. First Step is a CARF accredited, DPH licensed 27 bed residential detox unit for individuals aged 18 and over struggling with addiction to alcohol, opiates and/or benzodiazepines.
Hours: Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday 2:00pm to 10:00pm
- Provides recovery support through self-directed, strength-based principles based on the Recovery Coach Ten Components of Recovery.
- Promotes recovery by leading group discussions, group activities, and conducting effective one on one recovery coaching sessions using active listening, motivational interviewing, personal, and professional experience.
- Encourages continued treatment after withdrawal management and helps to facilitate a warm hand off to higher levels of care within the RNP continuum and beyond.
- Conducts screenings as first point of contact for potential new admits.
- Recognizes the elements of client crisis, implements an immediate course of action (in consultation with supervisor) appropriate to the crisis and utilizes negative events to enhance overall treatment outcomes.
- Connects clients to community resources, organizations, and multiple pathways of recovery.
- Prepares agenda for supervision and utilizes supervision as needed to meet professional demands of job.
- Assumes all other appropriate duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.