PIMA PREVENTION PARTNERSHIP
Position Title: Common Core and Credit Recovery Monitor
Education and Experience:
Associates degree or credit hours toward receiving an Associates degree
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Common Core and Credit Monitor reports to the Principal and will be responsible for performing the following tasks under the guidance of the Academic Counselor and the Principal:
- Monitors activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Monitors credits earned and tracks student progress via the four year planner.
- Monitors student progress in credit recovery and reports to teacher of record daily of progress.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures for each student in credit earned.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other content area teachers of record.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Monitors student growth and achievement for credit recovery students.
- Enters students into the system for credit recovery classes based on assignments from the Academic Counselor.
- Maintains the online learning curriculum and assigns students into courses.
- Coordinates with all teachers to ensure each student receives the support and help in each particular content area.
- Conducts campus tours.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferred
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academy goals
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to be a self starter and take initiative
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and have time management skills
- Extensive experience working with youth
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied social, cultural and educational backgrounds
- Ability to perform recurring tasks while maintaining accuracy
- Proficient overall computers skills including Microsoft Office, databases, and spreadsheets
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Must be able to use the following equipment: personal computer, including spreadsheet, word processing; telephone; switchboard; calculator; and copy machine
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some evenings, and weekends
- Must be able to obtain a valid Arizona driver's license and become insurable
- Must be able to obtain an IVP Fingerprint clearance card
PPP requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met, or are encountered, by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must, on a daily basis, lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.