The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between the government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Finance has central responsibility and authority for policy analysis, program development, performance tracking and improvement, financial management, resource maximization, and technical assistance. Finance helps to ensure that programs and administrative operations have the information, analysis, funding, and technical capacity to deliver critical services effectively and meet DOHMH's objectives.
Grant: Enhanced Detection, Response, Surveillance, and Prevention of COVID-19
Location: DOHMH headquarter, LIC
The Bureau of Budget and Revenue within the Division of Finance requests to hire one (1) Policy/ Financial Analyst to support the Office of Budget Administration with budget analysis and tracking, program development, performance tracking, and improvement, financial management, resource maximization, and technical assistance. This year, given the critical needs of responding to COVID-19 outbreak and investigations, the Policy/ Financial Analyst will also support COVID-19 activities when hired which will include assisting to ensure that programs and administrative operations have the information, analysis, funding, and technical capacity to deliver critical services effectively and meet DOHMH's objectives.
With a high degree of responsibility and broad latitude for independent action, the selected candidate will:
- Maintain and track COVID funding received by DOHMH
- Collaborate with senior level program and Finance staff on creating grant budget proposals
- Provide feedback and recommendations to senior-level program and Finance staff
- Collaborate with other bureau staff to project COVID-19 related expenses and ensure that expenses are charged to appropriate funding
- Research the programmatic implications of proposed policies and potential funding sources for ongoing and new program initiatives
- Develop effective spreadsheets to report, compare, and analyze budget numbers
- Prepare fiscal summary reports and analyses
- Assist in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures