- Bachelor’s or Master’s in design, business, human-computer interaction, anthropology, sociology, psychology, architecture, marketing, engineering, or other similar fields
- 15+ years' experience of hands-on, professional experience in design strategy, product management, new product development (physical, digital, and/or service), innovation, management consulting, entrepreneurship, or related fields.
- 8+ years’ leading mentoring and managing research and strategy teams
- 5+ years’ experience in a consulting environment
- Strong user-centered design process experience, including multiple years working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) to support Sales or active project work
- You are passionate about innovation, new product development, user experience, design research, and design as evidenced by your career.
- You have significant experience as a practitioner and leader. You offer a fresh and unique point of view that will naturally challenge the way Delve does things. You have a pulse on new tools and methods, and the macro- and micro-trends shaping our world and our behaviors inside and outside the walls of Delve so we can reinforce a strong and relevant approach as the world continues to change.
- You bring a multi-disciplinary focus to product design and development, and keenly understand and value the power of a highly collaborative team with diverse backgrounds, training, experiences, and viewpoints.
- You have a proven track record of translating research and strategy projects into design and development opportunities.
- You have an ability to sell your ideas, yourself, your team, and services in a way that is natural, engaging and effortlessly integrates the language of design research and strategy.
- You have a credible and nuanced communication style that commands a room, inspires, and ultimately makes clients and teammates feel confident in you as a leader.
- You are a natural collaborator who can build, manage, and inspire a team across departments and studio locations.
- Your leadership style is naturally one of mentoring. You enjoy delegating and providing people with the proper level of responsibility to help them grow.
- You are motivated by change and see meaningful opportunities to adapt how we design and collaborate, and what we deliver. Because equity, inclusion, and diversity are important to you, you have a point of view, personal or professional experience, or interest in helping make a difference.
Be Inspired. Be Inspiring. Be yourself.
Delve embraces difference because creativity, curiosity, and diversity drive innovation. We nurture a supportive and inclusive environment. Be yourself and create a future that improves lives. We encourage applicants of color and those with diverse lived experiences to apply.
Delve is a multidisciplinary product innovation firm that brings bold ideas to market those guides clients through the complexities of innovation, delivering better, faster, and more sustainable success. For over 55 years, Delve has mobilized the best experts and technologies for its clients, completing over 10,000 client projects, producing over 1,500 patents, and winning over 200 design awards.
Delve serves ambitious start-ups to Fortune 500 clients in the healthcare, consumer, and commercial industries, delivering innovation through advanced expertise in research, strategy, design, and engineering. Delve has placed innovation studios in Boston, Madison, Philadelphia, and San Francisco to attract forward- thinking leaders to solve complex product challenges through human-centered design.