Executive Assistant to CSO, CDO & General Counsel
Full or Part Time
Commensurate with experience
One Pierrepont Plaza, Brooklyn
About Graham Windham
In full partnership with families & communities, Graham Windham strives to make a life-altering difference to children, youth and families affected by abuse, neglect and delinquency by providing each child we serve with a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity and preparation to thrive in school and in the world. With over 500 full-time, part-time and on call employees serving children and families in multiple programs throughout Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem, Graham Windham provides an exciting & enriching work experience.
Graham Windham is one of the first organizations in the New York City to implement Solution -Based Casework (SBC). Solution-Based Casework helps children and families to be the solution to the seemingly insurmountable problems in their lives, from generational cycles of poverty, abuse, and neglect to unemployment, domestic violence and severe health problems. By recognizing and reinforcing their innate strengths and ability to cope, we at Graham Windham empower them to take the lead in making change in their lives.
The Executive Assistant will provide wide-ranging administrative support to the Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Development Officer, and General Counsel, also supporting the Executive Service Manager. The Executive Assistant acts as liaison with the Board of Directors. Must be meticulous and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Supports the mission, vision, and philosophy of Graham Windham. Complies with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Supports all functions that attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Exhibits effective communications skills.
- Assists the Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Development Officer and General Counsel with scheduling and correspondence by screening incoming telephone calls; take and deliver accurate messages; respond to requests by gathering and providing information and referring non-routine calls to the appropriate staff.
- Welcomes on-site and virtual guests by greeting them, in person or on the phone, answering or directing inquiries.
- Use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment.
- Represent the company and Executives in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment.
- Assist the CEO’s Executive Services Manager in maintaining files for the Office of the President including all Board of Directors and Board Committee related correspondence, minutes, and resolutions.
- Complete adhoc projects as assigned – such as the Annual Meeting and Gala, Founder’s/Staff Appreciation event, Immigration Update etc.
- Work with the CSO to develop and implement new initiatives, as needed (e.g. coordination with administrative and program branches and development of systems and procedures)
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned by the chief officers.
Responsible for support of and communication with the Graham Windham Board of Directors including but not limited to:
- Taking meeting minutes
- Scheduling and calendaring full Board and Committee meetings.
- Keeping and sharing up-to-date materials related to Board contact information, meeting attendance, and Committee membership.
- Sending reminders about upcoming meetings
- Preparing scripts for annual meetings
- Coordinating catering, room set up, etc. for Board meetings.
- Associate’s Degree.
- Paralegal background preferred.
- 5 years of Administrative Experience with at least 2 years working directly for a senior level executive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite.
- Social services or non-profit experience, a plus.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work and communicate with senior levels.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work late, when required.
Full-time position; salary $58,500 in accordance with qualifications plus merit pay. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.