At First Fidelity Bank, we are looking for talented, enthusiastic team members with a passion for service excellence. Our employees are critical to our overall success. We invest in our employees by providing excellent training and development, as well as advancement opportunities. We offer our employees a family environment, great benefits, competitive pay and paid time off for work/life balance. We are dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, and we encourage our employees to participate in charitable giving and volunteer opportunities. One of our Core Values is to provide a caring place to work where people truly enjoy coming to work each day. Colleagues of First Fidelity Bank take pride in working here, make lasting friendships and have fun!
The Personal Banker is responsible for building meaningful, lasting relationships and providing exceptional service to new and existing clients. The Personal Banker will support clients in achieving their financial goals by resolving client issues, engaging them to understand their financial needs, identifying thoughtful solutions, and providing extraordinary delivery of products and services. A critical success factor for this position is to proactively identify client needs and look for opportunities to refer clients to additional lines of business that provide value and make their lives more convenient. Sales and service responsibilities include expanding existing relationships through profiling, proactively seeking retail and small business lending opportunities, and closing loans. To be successful, the Personal Banker must have thorough knowledge and familiarity of First Fidelity Bank’s accounts and products, a genuine interest in our clients, and have a drive to find solutions that are beneficial for the client and the Bank.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Client Relations and Sales
- Creates a memorable client experience by proactively building, maintaining, and growing relationships through various communication channels. Provides a superior level of service by identifying clients’ needs and recognizing and acting upon opportunities to offer Bank products and services.
- Engages in professionally curious conversations with prospective and existing clients in order to uncover service opportunities. Asks questions to understand what is important to the client and how the Bank can help meet the client’s financial needs. Uses a consultative approach while tailoring recommendations and solutions.
- Presents options to clients about ways to make their banking more beneficial, easy and convenient, while ensuring the needs of the client always come first.
- Works to bring the client’s expectations in line with the Bank’s capabilities in order to achieve the client’s desired outcome. In every interaction looks for ways to say “yes” to the client, adapting, as needed, to meet the ever-changing needs of our clients and the communities where we do business.
- While consulting with the client, thoroughly explains product and account features, statements and service charges in a manner that the client can easily understand.
- Develops strong relationships with other colleagues at the Bank in order to introduce clients to specialists who can assist with specific financial needs.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service in response to client requests, inquiries, or problems. Dedicated to resolving client service issues in a manner that is efficient and favorable to the client and the Bank.
As needed, opens new accounts and assists with Teller transactions:
- Provides accurate cash handling and positive client relations while performing a variety of Teller service functions, including cashing checks; processing deposits and withdrawals on savings and checking accounts; processing loan transactions; preparing change orders; and selling gift cards, savings bonds, cashiers and travelers checks.
- Assists clients with questions on accounts and researches to identify and resolve problems.
- Accurately processes transactions while working within defined limits of authority. Maintains accurate cash and coin supply in drawer, keeping currency and coin in a neat and orderly arrangement.
- Verifies deposit amounts, examines checks, bonds and cashier’s checks to determine negotiability. Accurately verifies signatures and client balances on withdrawals. Enters transactions into Bank records via online terminal. Completes and records accurate documentation on large transactions.
- Responsible for accuracy in balancing each day’s transactions and verifying cash. Balances drawer and coin vault within defined accuracy standards.
- Leads by example, exceeding the expectations of the Bank’s Mission, Core Values, and Golden Rules of Service.
- Complies with all policies, procedures and regulatory banking requirements.
- Demonstrates good work habits, attendance and follows policies and procedures.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance at work is an essential function of the job.