The Security Guard guards and monitors the campus to ensure the highest level of safety and security for residents and staff. The Security Guard respectfully interacts with all residents, family members, visitors, colleagues and staff. This is a safety sensitive position. The Security Guard reports to the Ancillary Services Director.
It is understood that every incidental duty connected with operations listed in the job description is not always specifically described, and that employees, at the discretion of management, may be required to perform duties not within their job descriptions. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Patrols the entire campus, including inside building and the outside perimeter, on a regular basis
- Observes, reports and documents all suspicious activities in Incident Reports
- Compiles and submits daily report of activities
- Notify Facilities & Engineering of any maintenance safety hazard
- Conducts hand and visual checks of doors, windows and other areas that should be locked and secured
- Participates in ongoing in-service education and trainings
- Attends meetings as requested
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The essential mental and physical functions listed below are required in order for an employee to be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to read and write, follow written and verbal instructions, and communicate effectively in English.
- Thinking critically; defined as reading, understanding, and taking appropriate action on detailed and complex information.
- Standing long periods of time
- Walking long distances daily
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Repetitive actions/motion of one or both hands
- Hearing ordinary conversation and office sounds
- Verbal communication in person and on the phone
- Written communication by hand and on PC