****$1000 SIGN ON BONUS****
We are paying $33,000 for a 10-month position with no experience, depending on experience, degrees, licenses up to $37,000 + an opportunity to earn an additional $6,000 next summer!
Are you looking for meaningful experience working with children or adults with disabilities? Keshet is seeking caring, energetic individuals, who have an interest in child-development, disability inclusion, and want to help our students learn and grow with their peers. We have several openings in the field of Education from pre-school inclusion, therapeutic day school to our transition program for young adults. Full Time opportunities in Skokie and Northbrook.
Note: Salary is based on a 10 month school year with opportunity for additional summer income.
The Special Education Paraeducator/Teacher's Assistant will work with students in our self-contained special education classrooms. The Paraeducator will assist students with academic, nonacademic, social, health and emotional needs of the students in the special education and general community environments.
This position will also assist teachers and related service personnel with meeting the IEP needs of students. The Paraeducator will provide supported instruction and strategies to individual students, small groups of students as well as monitor students per the instruction of the teacher. The Paraeducator may be assigned to other students or department duties as necessary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the classroom teachers in providing a comprehensive educational program to students with significant disabilities; to include autism, intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, and behavioral challenges
- In addition to providing classroom and community based instruction, candidates must be physically able to support students with high levels of energy and potential behavior challenges
- Must be able to assist with lifting students for the purpose of changing and transfers
- Must be willing to assist students in all aspects of personal care
- Must be able to meet the training requirements outlined in the Safety Care Manual
ABOUT KESHET: Keshet is a one-of-a-kind organization that brings classroom experiences, camps, sports, social and vocational activities, and residential opportunities to 600 people with disabilities and special needs each year.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: At Keshet’s therapeutic day schools, we foster caring communities where students ages 3 to 22 learn and grow. Educators and therapists work hand-in-hand to provide highly individualized instruction and therapies to meet the unique needs of each student. From preschool through high school transition, Keshet’s schools prepare students for a life of independence.