Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Efficiently use AutoDesk Inventor, AutoCAD, and other software tools, as required, to produce accurate concept models and final production models.
- Participate in early concept work and development of new custom commercial products. This includes, but is not limited to, metal tubing, roto-molded plastic, routed polyethylene, cable, and sheet metal products.
- Explore connection details and materials to implement in new product designs.
- Convert product concepts to finalized models and assemblies, which will be used to generate shop drawings and installation manuals.
- Produce sound designs in a short time frame and work well under the pressure of a fast-paced environment.
- Create and follow designs from initial concept to final product.
- Provide input to drafters on work required for project completion and check output for accuracy
- Take ideas or concepts and put them on paper using sketching and drawing skills
- Study models, build prototypes and participate in playground installations to increase knowledge of GT products.
- Work within commercial safety guidelines on all new product designs.
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager
Learning & Development
Planning & Organizing
Professionalism & Integrity
Teamwork & Relationship-Building
Education and/or Experience
- Must have four (4) year degree in industrial or mechanical design (or equivalent experience in these areas)
- Must have a knowledge of materials and methods of manufacturing
- Must be able to work and meet deadlines
- Must be physically able to perform job functions, which may require field installation of new products.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well
as be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be proficient in computer software for design work and layouts
- Able to utilize computer software programs for creating reports, presentations, etc.
- Must be able to utilize 2-D and 3-D computer modeling techniques for new product design
- Must have two (2) years AutoCAD experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office family of programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. (50 pounds is the max)
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except in the manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.