Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate clients expectations and needs and then develop ideas for the structure.
- Convey preliminary ideas through sketching or other means.
- Create 2D layouts and CAD models for renderings and videos.
- Product renderings, videos, and other presentation deliverables.
- Provide expertise in the areas of safety, inclusion, and accessibility.
- Produce sound designs in a short time frame and work well under the pressure of a fast-paced environment.
- Study models, build prototypes and participate in playground installations to increase knowledge of GT products.
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
Learning & Development
Planning & Organizing
Professionalism & Integrity
Teamwork & Relationship-Building
Education and/or Experience
- Product, Interior, or Landscape Design degree and/or 5-10 years relevant work experience required.
- Computer-aided design (CAD) experience
- Experience with design modeling
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods
Some travel may be required. 15%
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, one must be proficient in using AutoCAD for design layout work, as well as learning our in-house layout software. Utilize Lumion, 3ds Max, Adobe Photoshop and other Adobe products for concept and proposal deliverables. Knowledge of 3D modeling software is a plus.
Must be eager and able to quickly learn, operate, and apply new software to improve proposal quality and production feasibility. Must be able to clearly convey ideas, verbally and visually. Sketching skills are a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. (50 pounds is the max)
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except in the manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.
PlayCore’s Southern Fulfillment Center within the PlayCore company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. PlayCore is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.